The year is 1793. France cowers under the Reign of Terror, and not even the innocent are safe from the Committee of Public Safety and their precious guillotine. In the midst of this turmoil, one man uses courage and cunning to fight the brutality: The Scarlet Pimpernel.
In The Scarlet Pimpernel, you play as members of the league helping the Scarlet Pimpernel accomplish seven missions, rescuing the innocent from the guillotine. No mission will be as important as the last, for you save the young Dauphin, heir to the French throne, by whisking him away to Vienna. Although players work together to accomplish missions, only the player with the highest score at the end of the game will become the Scarlet Pimpernel’s most trusted advisor.
- 1 Gameboard
- 6 Player boards
- 6 Special Favor dual-layer Tiles
- 18 Special Favor cards (tile inserts)
- 18 Location cards
- 7 Building tiles
- 1 Scarlet Pimpernel pawn and 1 Chauvelin pawn
- 8 Mission markers
- 18 Mission cards
- 1 First-player marker
- 6 Player pawns (1 in each player color)
- 6 Player score markers (1 in each player color)
- 150 Player cubes (25 in each player color)